- Chairman of the Board: Charles P. Diamond – Partner, O’Melveny & Myers LLP
- Vice Chair: Paul R. Kanin – Attorney at Law
- Vice Chair: Kathleen M. Vanderziel – Vice President/Senior Counsel, The Capital Group Companies, Inc.
- Treasurer: Mary C. Collins – Chief Administrative Officer, Learning Tree International, Inc., Retired
- Secretary: Cara Leonetti Esposito – Executive Director, Leonetti/O’Connell Family Foundation
- Susan C. Adamson, Esq. – Attorney at Law
- Samaan Bakar – CEO, Ten Dots, LLC
- Catherine Beyer – Community Volunteer
- Loren Booth – President & Owner, Booth Ranches LLC
- Adam Checchi – Managing Partner, Checchi Capital Advisors, LLC
- Michael Dart – Investor
- Hugh Evans, III – Founding Partner, Partners Trust
- Janet Fourticq – Community Volunteer
- Rochelle Gores Fredston – Senior Advisor, The Gores Group; Founder, Philanthropic Society Los Angeles
- Tracey Gluck – Senior Managing Director, J.P. Morgan Securities, Inc.
- Ahmad Gramian – Vice President, CorpInfo Services
- Marcia W. Hobbs – President and Publisher, Beverly Hills Courier, LLC
- Nina Holland – Liaison, CII Early Head Start Policy Committee
- Bridget Gless Keller – Jewelry Designer
- Ben Kohn – Partner, Rizvi Traverse Management
- K. John Lee – Managing Partner, The Lee Capital Companies
- Suzanne Marx – Director of Development, Young Musicians Foundation
- Mari McAlister – Trustee, Harold McAlister Charitable Foundation
- Candace Bond McKeever – CEO, AESA, Inc.
- Bradley Myslinski – Banker, J.P. Morgan Private Bank
- Christine H. Newman – Community Leader
- Barry Patmore – Management Consultant; Former Worldwide Managing Partner, Andersen Consulting
- Gelila Assefa Puck – Couturier
- David Rognlien – Chairman, Cadna Automotive
- Todd J. Rosen – Partner, Munger, Tolles & Olson LLP
- Stephanie Booth Shafran – Community Volunteer
- Sergeant Emada Tingirides – Los Angeles Police Department Watts, Community Safety Partnership Program
Leading the Way
Our Board of Trustees leads with incredible generosity. Their dedication and broad range of experience propel us to new heights in advancing our mission through diverse and meaningful ways. Thanks to their passion, CII is able to continue to expand services and bring attention to our work.
Ex Officio Members
- Mary M. Emmons – President and Chief Executive Officer
- Barbera H. Thornhill – President, The Colleagues
- Jill Olofson – President, The C.H.I.P.S.
- Phoebe Vaccaro – President, Les Amies
Auxiliary Group Liaisons
- Sue Ellen Douglas – Liason, Les Amies
- Mary Emmons, President & Chief Executive Officer
- Dean Bradley, Senior Vice President, Administration
- Manual Castellanos, Ed.D Senior Vice President, Early Education Services
- Jeffrey J. Catania, Ph.D, Senior Vice President, Development
- Marion Dave, LMFT, Vice President, Strategic Initiatives
- Mark Engel, Chief Financial Officer
- Nina Revoyr, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer
- Manuel Rivera, Ph.D, Interim Senior Vice President, Programs
- Gayle Whittemore, Chief Business Officer
Touring Gehry Partners
In the months leading up to our unveiling of Frank Gehry’s design for CII’s new Watts Campus, Trustees took a number of trips to Gehry Partners to get a first look at the plans and models. The tours helped to inform board members and various community leaders about the design, and included supporters like L.A. County Supervisor Mark Ridley-Thomas.
Gehry Reveal Event
CII kicked off fall by unveiling the model for our new Watts Campus, designed pro bono by world-renowned architect Frank Gehry. Board support was strong at the festive event, which included speeches from CII Board Chair Charles Diamond and Trustee Sgt. Emada Tingirides. The Reveal event received widespread media coverage and generated significant interest in the project.
CII hosts a dynamic annual Trustee Retreat that provides an in-depth look at agency programs and an opportunity to hear from clients first-hand about their journey toward healing. This past year’s retreat took place at the Fairmont Miramar Hotel in Santa Monica and included engaging panels with CII clinical staff and their clients.
PSLA’s Back-to-School Giveaway
CII Trustee and PSLA Support Group founder Rochelle Gores Fredston celebrated the group’s fourth year of helping children in Watts and South Los Angeles prepare for a new school year. The Back-to-School Giveaway provided backpacks, school supplies, shoes and more to thousands of children.